Thursday, November 10, 2011

Authority

Several months ago, I had a dream that I was in a restaurant with my family. We were enjoying a nice meal when another diner whom I didn’t know began to insult us. Then for some reason the insult was directed to me alone. He was being so disrespectful for seemingly no reason, that I decided to walk out of the restaurant. As I was walking out of the restaurant, strangers would walk past me on the street and they would say mean things or try to get right in my face. I wondered why these people whom I didn’t even know were being so cruel. What did I ever do to them?

The dream reminded me of the movie, “Fallen” starring Denzel Washington, where a demon spirit jumped from person to person and created chaos. In the dream, there’s a scene where Denzel’s character is walking through a busy street and the demon is speaking to him using the body of random strangers. It speaks through several people literally using them as offenders and then leaving their bodies. One of the people used is an elderly man who looks harmless, yet when the evil spirit enters his body he is suddenly evil.

Back to the dream: Just as they continued to walk up to me, intimidating and disrespecting me, I began to discern that they were not human, but demons. There was no reason to believe they were demons in the natural because they looked like normal people, but I kept feeling strongly that they were not human. Then I began to quote different scriptures, with one that I quote all of the time standing out to me the most: “May no weapon formed against (me) shall prosper,” Isaiah 54:17

As I quoted the scriptures and yelled the name of Jesus to these “demons,” they began to show their true form. They seemed shocked and frightened as my spiritual boldness grew and I quoted the verses. As the words came out of my mouth, the people turned into the demons they were and began to disappear and some disintegrated in front of me. I literally fought them with the words coming out of my mouth. It reminded me of how Jesus fought the enemy when in the desert for 40 days. He used the scriptures as weapon.

When I woke up I wondered why I had such a vivid dream. I decided to pray and ask Him what the dream meant, and I heard Him say, “I am showing you your authority.”

God began to show me that I was in a season of great revelation where HE was literally exposing the truth behind the strong men in my past. I started to think about all the people that had intimidated me in the past or even how the enemy would intimidate me through fear and a false perceptions of reality and even God.

I used to be very fearful and still struggle with some fear. I often say that I inherited it from my mother who is a very nervous person. I think I learned some fear from her. But as we know, the enemy of the soul can take something that’s frail and exaggerate and corrupt it. In the past, my fear was so out of control that I would have panic attacks and my hands would be cold and clammy on a constant basis. I had false imaginations running through my head daily to the point of insanity. A number of years ago, I found healing from the extreme torment of fear. I still become afraid at times, but it’s not as severe as it once was. Scripture and prayer have seen me through the battles.

I am currently in a season where God is showing me the power in trusting in Him. Even though I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, it is the confidence that I have in His power through me that gets me through the toughest days. When man or circumstances come against me, I can lean on the truth in the word, and speak out His promises even when I doubt or fear. And my prayer to Him is that when He calls me to step out in His name, that He would supply me with my staff like He did for Moses centuries ago.

The transfer of evil:

http://youtu.be/563xkXq4duw

No comments:

Post a Comment