Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ghandhi and Christianity


Mahatma Ghandhi, undoubtedly one of the wisest and most peaceful leaders to walk the planet once said, “I would have become a Christian if it weren’t for Christians.”

Although I agree to a point that some Christians can deter others from following the faith I have to say that this mindset has become a bit of a crutch for many.

Yes, there are a lot of Christians who suck. There are also many who call themselves "Christians" and attach bible verses to their hateful agendas (think of that little church in Topeka, Kansas...). Although many Christians are hypocritical, judgmental, and legalistic should we allow those who give Christianity a bad name determine our personal belief?

There are a lot of mean people in the world, but I’m still going to be a part of society. There are a lot stupid people on social media circuits but I’m not closing my Facebook account. Life is unfair and unpredictable at times but I’m still here. Get my drift? I refuse to let other believer's decisions define or determine my own faith.

Ms. L

No comments:

Post a Comment